ZEAL delivers positive first-half performance
Aug 02, 2018 9:30 AM
DGAP-News: ZEAL Network SE / Key word(s): Half Year Results
2 August 2018
ZEAL Group, the world's leading lottery innovator, today announced positive results for the first six months of 2018, following on from its launch of the world's first experience lottery.
The Group delivered billings' growth of 4% to EUR 141.9 million (2017: EUR 136.4 million). This was driven by strong demand across its product portfolio, in spite of a 38% fall in average jackpot size between the first two quarters (Q1 2018: EUR 111 million; Q2 2018: EUR 69 million).
Earnings Before Interest and Taxes (EBIT) rose to EUR 16.4 million for the period (2017: EUR 7.9 million), in line with guidance.
Total Operating Performance increased 15% to EUR 74.9 million (2017: EUR 65.0 million). This was also in line with guidance and driven by a combination of billings growth and reduction in exceptional prize payouts during the period.
The Group's continued focus on more efficient marketing investment delivered 293k new registered customers for the Group and its partners; an increase of 69% year-on-year (2017: 174k). Average Billings Per User in the lottery betting segment were maintained at EUR 55.62 (2017: EUR 55.24).
Jonas Mattsson, Chief Financial Officer, ZEAL Group said: "ZEAL has performed well in the first six months of the year. Increasingly efficient marketing coupled with strong demand for our products, in particular for Instant Win Games, fuelled higher billings and a significant increase in new customers. These results demonstrate the importance of having a diverse product portfolio."
Helmut Becker, Chief Executive Officer, ZEAL Group, said: "Raffld is unique; a world first, in fact. It is a compelling product built to match the needs of a younger, digital native customer group that values shareable experiences over cash. We're excited about Raffld's potential."
Helmut Becker said: "The Australian government's decision to protect the existing lottery monopoly ahead of customers and newsagents is, of course, disappointing. In spite of this, I am excited by the overall potential of our portfolio and the opportunities I see for ZEAL across the global lottery industry."
2018 Outlook remains unchanged
- ENDS -
1. ZEAL is an international group of companies reinventing the world of lottery.
2. Specialising in the online lottery space, the company was founded in 1999 as Tipp24 SE and renamed as ZEAL Network SE in 2014.
3. The company is based in London, and its shares are listed on the Prime Standard of the Frankfurt Stock Exchange.
4. The Group has more than 3.5 million customers globally. Since its incorporation, ZEAL Group has generated stakes of more than EUR 3 billion and, across the Group, paid out more than EUR 1.5 billion in winnings.
5. ZEAL's first half report can be accessed at: http://www.zeal-network.co.uk/investors/publications/
6. Total Operating Performance is calculated as the sum of Revenue and Other Operating Income as disclosed in the Interim Consolidated Income Statement.
7. ZEAL Group includes all subsidiaries of ZEAL Network SE and the affiliated companies of the independent shareholding myLotto24 Ltd. Based on the average jackpots of: Euro Jackpot, Lotto 6aus49, EuroMillions, Powerball and Mega Millions.
|Company:||ZEAL Network SE|
|5th Floor One New Change|
|EC4M 9AF London|
|Phone:||+44 (0)203 739-7000|
|Fax:||+44 (0)203 739-7099|
|Listed:||Regulated Market in Frankfurt (Prime Standard); Regulated Unofficial Market in Berlin, Dusseldorf, Hamburg, Hanover, Munich, Stuttgart, Tradegate Exchange|
|End of News||DGAP News Service|